Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Persecution

Are you ready to get real with God? Are you giving everthing you've got with the time you've got right now?

Being a Christian gives us no assurance of tomorrow.

Today I had an experience with mild persercution for my faith. I did nothing that others have not done before me. I did not put myself out there in a way in which one would expect hostility, and yet some people have a focused anger and aggression towards Christians and you never know when someone like this will cross paths with you.

While I was not harmed and probably had no reason to expect that I might be, I felt fear. This is incredibly humbling because I recognize the length to which so many have gone before me to proclaim their faith and sometimes simply love in the name of Jesus Christ - unto the point of death. The early church planters and ministers operated in an extremely hostile environment. Throughout the ages there have been Christians who suffered perserverance to a much higher level than I did today. Many were killed.

It made me ask the question: what is the difference between me and them?

The truth is there are Christians today who are laying down everything they have for the sake of Christ. Am I ready to do that? How much time do I have? Am I giving my everything? I realized that I need to get real with God. Not tomorrow. Not later. Now.

Have you asked yourself those questions? Isn't it time you get real with God as if every moment counts? It is for me.

No comments: